Common database for marine organisms
The overall objective of this work package is to build a common database for marine organisms, cell lines and molecular resources for which access is offered by the ASSEMBLE consortium.
The main steps will be to:
- identify and develop local data-bases to a common level across the consortium;
- harmonise and network this information according to resource type.
In an operational context, we envisage a three-tier system with
(1) local databases hosted by each partner (specific to the biological resource(s) maintained and representing the day-to-day point of data input and management)
(2) a centralised data-base which will harvest data from the distributed sites
(3) this ASSEMBLE web site where the database will be presented in a standardised format.
Contact person: Ian Probert